Forever & Ever Events was founded by chief Wedding Designer & Planner, Mary Lee Herrington, a former corporate lawyer and a tasteful eccentric. Her work for Forever & Ever Events has been featured in Martha Stewart Weddings, You & Your Wedding Magazine, Wedding Magazine as well as on international wedding blogs, including 100 Layer Cake, Once Wed, Grey Likes Weddings and Rock N’ Roll Bride. Mary has also been hand-picked as a recommended vendor by Style Me Pretty, Ruffled and The Wedding Chicks.
Originally hailing from across the pond, Mary planned parties, balls and theatrical shows while she juggled her studies at Columbia University and at the University of Pennsylvania Law School and even during her spare time while living and working in New York and London. While planning her own wedding in the beautiful city of Bath, England, Mary knew that planning events was the perfect marriage – pun intended – of her professional training and creativity. She simply had to keep planning parties!
Each wedding and event is thoughtfully and carefully designed by Mary. You will have Mary’s corporate lawyer training, styling expertise and excruciating attention to detail – all of which is perfectly OCD. But being a planner is not just about guiding you through decisions or organizing spreadsheets – it is about understanding you. For Mary, as much as she loves planning weddings and events, her biggest accomplishment has been the friendships that have formed with her clients from the planning process and seeing that friend’s joy and happiness on the day. She sets your event apart from all others not just because of her passion for design and planning, but mostly because she cares about you, your family and the memories that you will take away after your celebration.
Since the heart of every celebration is the person, Mary believes that knowing the person in the planner is equally important! She therefore admits to the following:
1. I believe shoes can make or break an outfit. I own many.
2. I wear heels when out with my husband who is 6 foot 2 because, well, otherwise we’d look absurd.
3. I am a Star Wars nerd.
4. I am the proud owner of two dogs and a cat. The dogs often accompany me on outings. The cat would find it confusing.
5. I have lived in more than five cities in the U.S. and the anglophile in me brought me to London.
6. But I dream of owning a flat in Paris.
7. Despite my degree in English Literature, I do often judge a book by its cover. One with a dog will usually result in a purchase.
8. I played the cello for over 15 years.
9. My favorite cocktail is a Tom Collins.
10. I love epics, historical dramas (especially swash-buckling ones), scented candles, my family and friends and, of course, romantic surprises.
Celebrate with her forever and ever!
Photography credit: Caught the Light